Paisley Play



Another trend we have been seeing this summer is a repeat of the same pattern, i.e. a polka dot top with polka dot shorts. I decided to try a paisley pattern since we will be seeing a lot of paisley this fall. I chose a blouse and pencil skirt that had the exact same pattern.

Because there was so much pattern dominance, I added simple, neutral accessories to downplay the pattern and break up the appearance of having a dress on. To be honest, I am not sure I really like this look although I am obviously in love with this pattern by J. Crew. 

What do you think of this paisley pattern double play? (say that 10 times fast!)

Paisley Skirt (on sale!) & Blouse (on sale!) - J. Crew
Shoulder Bag - J. Crew Factory (similar here)
Shoes - Kelsi Dagger
Bracelets - Vince Camuto via Belk (here and here)
Belt - Langford Market (similar here)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a very chic shirtdress. I love it

Because Shanna Said So said...

LOVE the print on print!!! So stinkin' cute! Such a fun blog, ladies! So glad you found me! New follower!!! Cheers to new friends!!
xo,
Shanna

Head to Toe Chic said...

I love the paisley! It's such a gorgeous print on you. Following you!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

winetastegirl.com said...

I think it's a fabulous look and you can't go wrong with anything J.Crew! Loving the bag as well. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog today and let me know what you think:)
www.winetastegirl.com

Rebecca said...

Paisley is fantastic! This dress looks so lovely on you!

Rebecca

www.winnipegstyle.ca

About me said...

Thanks ladies! I love to mix it up. I've been wanting to try a pattern on pattern look for awhile just didn't have the right pattern until now..Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon.